Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lego


Nothing too exciting to report from the first week back in Tokyo after a holiday. Mostly our days were filled with the routine of school and Legos. Lego is Roo's new obsession. After school he's anxious to get building! He likes to refer to himself as a "Designer". Our living room floor seems to be constantly littered with brightly colored specs that smart when you accidentally step on one. He's also become a fan of YouTube. Specifically, the reviews about Lego sets. There appears to be quite the contingent of young boys AND grown men that like to build Lego. One night in bed as he was close to falling asleep, Roo whispered "Mommy, can I be a Lego collector?". I had lunch with my Danish friend Jette this week and she informed me that Lego is a Danish company and when her children each turned five years old, they would make a visit to the Legoland Amusement Park. I'm quite certain a trip to the Lego Imagination Center in the MOA will be on our summer agenda! The word lego comes from the Danish "leg godt", which means "play well". Very fitting, as I know one little boys that's doing tons of play very well.

No comments: