Saturday, March 6, 2010

Book Review: The Hunger Games



by Suzanne Collins. A lazy vacation provided me the opportunity to finish the second novel in the Hunger Games trilogy. The first novel, the Hunger Games was selected for book club. Because I could barely put it down, I had to read the second, Catching Fire. Now, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the third, Mockingjay, this fall. Futuristic, the story takes place in the country formerly known as the United States of America, now known as Panem. Collins best explains how she came up with the idea by describing an evening of channel surfing that involved a reality television show and actual war coverage. Once you read the novel, that description is spot on. Here's hoping the author's creativity continues, and the third novel is just as thrilling as the first two! Lionsgate has acquired the rights to film production, but from what I read, we won't see it until 2011.

No comments: