Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Typhoon

A typhoon is supposed to reach Tokyo tonight between the hours of 3am and 8am. The past few days have been very wet and the temp has cooled. For Roo, this means no scootering to school until the roads dry up. It's possible school may even be closed tomorrow. For me, it means my favorite hot yuzu drink is finally on the convenience store shelves after a summer hiatus. Despite the dreary, our building has a bright new bouquet in the entrance. I think it will be even more beautiful when the sun’s streaming rays emerge.

2 comments:

Moxy Jane said...

I hope you are all safe and sound! The flowers are beautiful - what a thoughtful gift to share!

Tell me more about your favorite hot drink!

Darla said...

Yuzu is an unsightly citrus fruit that has a unique flavor. The fruit isn't actually eaten as much as the zest and juice are used in products for flavor. It's hard to describe. Maybe mandarin is the closest example. In the winter, the vending machines (which are everywhere) and the convenience stores stock yuzu flavored water that is warmed. I've come to love the flavor!