Saturday, October 17, 2009

Kodomo no Kuni


Friday was class field trip day. We traveled to the countryside for an afternoon at Kodomo no Kuni, or Children’s Land. Formerly a military base, this nature park has 240 acres of fun for kids. I’ll confess, I normally dread field trips. They typically stress my vocal cords as I’m constantly saying “wait up” loud enough for Roo to hear but not so loud I draw attention as the shouting parent. And of course there is the eye strain of keeping your eye on your child amongst a sea of similarly sized creatures. I’ll admit, my five year old could probably out run me. It must be a law of nature that when a group of five year old boys find themselves in wide spaces with a trail of open asphalt ahead of them, they must run. Or race. Really, is it fair to say “walk, don’t run”? So, I chase. All in all, the day was tiring, but fun.

Roo & Taiyo on the roller slide.
The park has some wonderful open space. A few of the boys were rolling down the hill and had to be coaxed into moving on to the attractions. The hill was very entertaining.

Roo enjoyed the bunnies.

A very short pony ride.

No comments: