Friday, October 16, 2009

Imaginary Video Games

Recently Roo's had playdates with a couple friends that have video games. I think it's an activity the kids in these homes enjoy with their Dads. Neither Ryan nor I are big gamers. While I'm not anti video game, it's just not something we've introduced, and probably won't for awhile. Of course Roo is fascinated by the games and of course he's thought up his own version. One day after school we stopped at the park so Roo could get in a little scootering practice. His instruction for me was I had to move my thumbs and index fingers like I was using a video game controller. I had to choose my imaginary track (fire, water, sand etc), my imaginary vehicle (motor bike, sports car, monster truck etc) and my vehicle color. Then, he would proceed to scooter around park path and shout out when I needed to press the booster button on my imaginary controller. However, he controlled when he (purposely) crashed, which he managed to do with a certain amount of theatrics.



No comments: