Monday, October 12, 2009

Pilates

About one year ago a Pilates studio opened down the street. Its convenient location makes it difficult to come up with an excuse not to join. For the past several months, I’ve been working with an amazingly talented, instructor, Akiko san. I’m hoping her ability to target weak areas will help me improve my yoga practice. Once he learned he didn’t have to pay the joining fee because we count as a family membership, Ryan has been going too. The approach employed at this studio is D.K. Body Balancing. The method was developed by Dolly Kelepecz, a professional dancer and former Las Vegas show girl. She’s currently in Japan and today I (the token gaijin) attended her class. One word, humbling! I have more work to do with Akiko san.

For more information on the D.K. Body Balancing Method, clink this LINK.

No comments: