Friday, March 27, 2009

Eucalyptus Oil

I’ve learned it works wonders for removing stains from leather. A week or so ago when Roo came home from preschool I failed to notice the black stuff tucked in the folds of his cargo pants on his bum. I made his after school snack and placed it on the dining room table. Since he’s constantly on the move, he bounced around from chair to chair while consuming his snack and playing with toys at the table. After he was done, I noticed that three of the four light tan leather rented chairs contained dark black streaks. Since I believe children should get their hands dirty, I’ve never been one to fret over dirt, paint, glitter, glue, clay, water, mud, and what have you. We changed pants and I got out my trusty enviro friendly cleaners and cloth. Then, I panicked! The black stuff only smeared and darkness remained as the gunk seeped deeper into the pores of the leather. Calmly, I called the school to inquire about what this could be and how to remove it. They explained that on the roof top playground the black double sided tape that keeps equipment in place does indeed stain. Two of the teachers from down under recommended eucalyptus oil.. So, a week goes by and on my next trip to the spa I purchased a small bottle. Skeptically I gave it a go. Voilà, it came out completely!

1 comment:

CzaMama said...

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!!!