Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Willow's Farm

Tuesday we spent a wonderful day outside of London visiting friends from Tokyo. Their home is a convenient 40 minute train ride from St. Pancras station. Initially, my train navigation skills were tested as "all trains are delayed" and "don't go by what's on the board" were uttered by frantic transit employees in the crowded station. It somewhat reminded me of my rookie days in Tokyo, the difference being in Tokyo I couldn't read the signs, and here I couldn't rely on the signs. Nonetheless, we escaped the hecticness, were greeted happily by our friends and the grandparents, and drove to Willow's farm for fun amongst the greenery. Roo and his buddy Callum had much conversation and play, finishing the day with a stop at the pub and a round of wrestling in the bouncy castle. With the boys occupied by bouncing, Sonia and I had a chance to catch up over a pint. And, my first fish and chips were delish!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: