Friday, July 23, 2010

Hamley's & Legoland

We've had two days of excitement in a row. Wednesday we visited Hamley's seven floor toy store which has thrilled children for 250 years. Roo left with two Star Wars transforming ships and two Royal Air Force guys (think Barbie dolls for boys).

Thursday we rode a bus for 65+ minutes to Windsor to visit Legoland. Thanks to a tip from a local friend, I saved 50% off the inflated ticket price by ordering our tickets online the evening prior from the website lastminute.com. While Legoland was heaven for Roo, I must mention that I'm happy I didn't pay the full ticket price. The Lego displays were amazing, the shopping fun because of the large selection, but the queues too long and the rides too short. British schools end tomorrow for summer holiday, so I can only surmise how horrific it must be when it's busy. Nonetheless, Roo could barely contain his happiness when we walked through the gates and were surrounded by all things Lego.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: