Monday, July 5, 2010

Karaoke Ryan

Last Saturday we went to Andy's Izakaya for dinner with friends from Minnesota (living in Japan). After some delicious grub, we made out way to Big Echo to claim a room for an evening of Karaoke. My familiarity with Karaoke prior to coming to Japan included a country bar, a crowd with a critical eye and a STAGE. Since I was little my sister always teased that I was "tone deaf", so needless to say, I don't usually sing around anyone but Roo, let alone get up on a stage! Here, Karaoke is different, much less stressful. You get a private room, in fact you could go by yourself if you wanted. You control the volume, and you don't have to stand on a stage. Before Karaoke, I'm not sure I'd ever heard Ryan sing. I've learned he can sing "Ring of Fire" or CCR with the proper low tone.
I've also learned he has a penchant for ballads, more specifically, Faith Hill or Tim McGraw, or the two together. Here's the proof:
"Cry", his given choice for any evening of karaoke.

2 comments:

Amy said...

When Jen and I lived on Spring Street in Madison (next store to Ryan), we had a karaoke mode on our stereo. We loved to indulge during parties. Ryan (RP to us) and I had a particularly fun rendition of another duet, I've Had the Time of My Life, at a New Year's Bash. It might live on somewhere on video. Next time, you both should strike that one up!

Darla said...

Thanks Amy, we'll give it a try!