Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Horse Ride

Today's destination was Jester's Flat, which offers a good quality equestrian experience for us city dwellers. Outfitted with helmets and jodhpurs (ankle boots with elastic sides), we rode on a trail that winds through the bush. Roo's horse was Polly, Ryan's George, and my silly gal, Sausage. The mosquito head nets I purchased this morning was money well spent! I haven't noticed any mosquitoes, but the quantity of little black flies that come to rest on your body is shocking! A local explained that this crop of flies is recent, and yes, this year they are especially bad. Back at the stables, Ryan and I had a go at a trot and for brief moments, a canter. From the start, Roo surprised both Ryan and I with his level of confidence and little hesitation. Since he rode the pony around the circle at kodomo no kuni, I image he felt he was an experienced rider.



No comments: