Sunday, December 13, 2009

Leg warmers


This weekend I heard a visiting American comment that she loved that in Japan she can wear leg warmers, something she hasn’t done since Flashdance. It got me thinking that a revival of this tubular knit hasn’t happened yet in the States. Here, where there are pantyhose, there are leg warmers. A few weeks ago while on a quick trip to the shopping area of Shibuya, I snuck into a stocking shop to replenish my own toe sock, ankle warmer and leg warmer collection. Like leggings, I go for the basic variety in either brown or black. Leggings? Of course! What else do you wear with leg warmers?

3 comments:

Amy said...

We're getting close to being able to wear leg warmers. I bet they are doing it on the coasts. Leggings and big sweaters are definitely in and I have seen some of the "young ones" wear big mukluk kind of shoes which seem leg warmerish to me. Makes me feel old, as this is the my first time in the "second time (or more)around" fashions. But kind of fun!

Darla said...

Good to know. I had the big sweater thing going on today!

Anonymous said...

We're doing it on the coasts (at least in Boston)! I bought some and plan on donning them this winter! (and they also came in handy at the Halloween 80s party I went to when I dressed as the girl from flashdance!)