Monday, December 8, 2008

Skype Tuesday

Today is Skype Tuesday in Roo’s classroom. During lunch as the children are sitting orderly around their tables the mommies (or daddies, or grandparents) can make a brief skype call to the classroom to say hello. The child of the calling mommy comes to the computer to give an update on his doings from the morning. Today was my second time to participate. It struck me as funny and somewhat puzzling to see Roo act shy while talking to me over the computer. It’s like he wasn’t quite sure it was his real mommy. “Shy“ probably isn‘t the word his teachers or classmates would use to describe his character. Mostly he’s a confident little guy that is developing a reputation for being chatty. Yesterday he said to me “mommy, why do I talk a lot?”. Hmmm… how do I answer? I told him he’s a smart person with a lot to say!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Darla! I just wanted to tell you that I have been loving your posts. Thanks for updating so frequently -- it's so nice for me to take a little break from work and check out what the Tokyo Trio is up to. I love the Roo stories. I especially liked your answer to his question about his talking and his response to Ryan saying that airplanes have to look out for birds. He sounds like he is growing up so much. Merry Christmas to you guys!