Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hanami

Trisha timed her arrival perfectly. Around every corner, a blooming Sakura (cherry blossom tree) greeted us. Her one weekend in Tokyo was the prime time of "hanami", the activity of picknicking under the trees.
We joined Morita san (between Roo & I) and her friends last Saturday at Shinjuku Park.
She and her friends have been meeting under the same tree for the past twenty years. We had good food, good conversation, beautiful scenery,
and plenty of laughs.

Roo made good use of the open space around our mat by entertaining himself with a game of "freeze". His animated expressions elicited giggles from a group of young adults sitting nearby.

2 comments:

Kosuke Tateishi said...

Hi! Darla,
This is Tate-man, in the 4th picture of Hanami post, hope you remember.
I was so amazed the cauliflower salad you brought that day. If you tell me the receipe of that, I'd ask my wife to try once.
Let's be gathered the same day (1st Sat. of Apr.) of the next year again!

Darla said...

Tateishi san, good to hear from you. I'll ask Morita san for your email and send the recipe.