Thursday, February 4, 2010

Avatar

Last night, because Roo was at a combination birthday/slumber party, Ryan and I had a chance to go out. Our chosen venue, Avatar in 3D at Roppongi Hills Toho Cinema. I'm no movie buff and definitely not in the know regarding the latest and greatest in cinematography. From a commoners viewpoint, this is the most amazing theatre experience ever! The images are breathtaking. I'll ignore the critics and skeptics and see it again. Prior to viewing, I hadn't read anything about political or spiritual intentions of the film's creators, but the story definitely carries a message. My favorite and most memorable were:

"This is how it's done. If someone is sitting on top of something you want you make them your enemy and take it" reminds me of Iraq;

"The sky people killed their mother, now they wanna do the same here" resonates global warming and the continues pollution of mother earth;

"All energy is only borrowed, it must be given back eventually" relates to the Buddhist teaching that there is no beginning, only transformation, and all energy is connected.

1 comment:

Teru said...

I think avatar is a great movie, next week we will go to cinema. Toho is really amazing ;-)