Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yoga Bolsters

Bolsters are helpful in practicing yoga when you want to relax in a restorative pose or add support in a challenging position. Recently I purchased a couple for home. Now, I find Roo using the bolsters often whether he's resting by laying on top the long way, using it as a comfortable seat for play, or coming up with what he calls "his own yoga poses that mommy doesn't know". He does some yoga at his school and his approach at home is a combination of standard poses and his own creations.

Name of this pose, per Roo: "X pose". I'm not sure if the X is because he thinks his arms and legs make an X, or if it's an association with "Racer X" from the movie Speedracer.


Name of Pose: "Cool bolster balance on legs".


Bridge pose, in progress

Down Dog

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love the yoga, Roo! I've been trying to get more regular in my practice, even if regular only means going to class 1-2 times per week. Namaste.