Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tausch, a wonderful handbag

My new bag! I don’t usually get too excited about merchandise, excited enough to write about it anyways. But, I have come across the most wonderful bags that I can’t help myself. Their hip, versatile, made in a country with fair wage labor and WATERPROOF. No more worrying about whether or not my hemp wallet and cash notes are getting soggy. I learned about the bags at the school bazaar, and, the next weekend I just had to check out their shop in the Daikinyama neighborhood. They are a German company with sales in Berlin, Stuttgart, London and Tokyo. And, I like that a nice mother from school has a shop! The brand "tausche" is a play on the words "tauschen" - to change - and "Tasche" - bag. The exterior flap is exchangeable and zips on easily. So, it’s easy and fun to revitalize your bag to suit your mood or season or occasion. To start, I have one green flap, and one red flap containing the Tokyo Tower. Speaking of bags, Ryan may scold me for writing this, but he’s in the market for a “man purse”. He’s finally over his very American male fear of carrying a bag and understands the functionality of a “man purse” that has been understood by European and Tokyoite males for quite some time. Apparently, he has in his mind what features this bag must have, but just hasn’t quite found it, yet. We’ll see what he come up with and whether or not it’s just another version of a backpack or briefcase in disguise.

Webiste for Tausch: http://www.tausche-berlin.de/index.html

No comments: