Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Washi Paper Craft

I wish I'd discovered this earlier! My friend Michelle, a regular at the store, introduced me to Sakurahorikiri on Monday where we choose a kit to construct under the watchful eye of a kind Japanese woman. The craft, gluing beautiful Japanese washi paper to an assembled cardboard structure, requires patience to tape, cut, glue, and dry. My initial thoughts..."what an eco friendly yet beautiful way to create something practical for the home that isn't plastic!"

The choice of kits come in a wide variety including but not limited to, tissue boxes, jewelry chests with drawers, lacquered trays, letter boxes, or a rubbish bin.

The paper is splendidly colorful.
The abundance of choice is somewhat daunting.

I choose to make a letter box of which is currently housing Roo's reading books. Both Ryan and I would like one for our desk, therefore, I think there are more letter box crafts in my near future.

I've already made a booking for next Monday. I'm hooked!

No comments: