Sunday, June 13, 2010

Christofer's Graduation


Yesterday my nephew Christofer graduated from high school. I remember the day he was born. I was attending college at the University of California, San Bernardino near where my sister Darci and brother in law Bob were living. Due to complications and the decision to perform a c-section, I didn't get to witness the birth as planned. Rather, my first glimpse of Christofer was through the glass as the nurse was washing him. I knew right away which baby was my nephew because he looked identical to his father at just a few minutes old. The resemblance has stuck. His first year of life, I saw him most every day, always stopping by the house after class or work, even if only for a few minutes before heading out the door to study or do whatever a girl has going on in college. Twelve years later, not often but sometimes, I mistakenly speak "Christofer" when referring to my own son. Next year Chris will attend nursing school at the University of Texas in Arlington. This afternoon is the party and tomorrow I fly back to Tokyo. A quick trip, but I'm happy to be present for this special event. Best of luck to Christofer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again for coming all the way from Japan to celebrate Chris's graduation!