Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vegetable Box

This weeks vegetable box: When I first arrived in Japan, my visits to the food store were always educational as there seemed to be many unfamiliar foods. Now that I have a better feel for local ingredients, I've joined what's known in the USA as a CSA (community supported agriculture). Every week I will have free range eggs and a box of organic vegetables grown at Kulimoto farm delivered to my door. When this first box arrived, I pureed a soup of potatoes (two varieties), leek, celery, and chard, spiced with red pepper and garlic. As in Minneapolis, I'm hoping a consistent delivery of vegetables will increase our phytonutrient consumption and expand my cooking repertoire.

1 comment:

Andreza&Teru said...

Nice Blog!! Your little boy is very kawaii ;-)
See you***