Saturday, January 16, 2010

Book Review: The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society


by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows. I loved this book! The characters are so charming, it makes me want to get on a plane and visit the Channel Islands for a bit of nostalgia. The personalities are vivid and the writing real, but not ordinary. In fact, remarkable. In addition to a lovely story, it provides a bit of history since the impact of the German occupation during WWII in the lives of Islanders is weaved in throughout.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I just read this book also and had the exact same thoughts. I whizzed through it, it was so good. I haven't read anything in ages and I loved this one. I really want to visit the Channel Islands also. Maybe a joint trip? :)

Andrezza & Teru said...

Hi Darla :-)
Thank you for your reply ^^
Last Thursday was Teru Birthday (my son) 5 years old. In your last post you comment about "busy birthday month" :-p
Good book.
See you ;-)

Andreza & Teru said...

Thank you sweet Darla ^^