Sunday, August 30, 2009

Drolet Jean

Who? Apparently it's me. The other day a note arrived from my mobile phone company, addressed to Drolet Jean. In the past, I've received mail sporting my name not quite right; Dorla, Durla, Daria. This, by far, wins the prize! Even our surname registered as Paulfm in the computer at Dominoes isn't this funny. I applied for my mobile phone the day after arriving in Japan and the token English speaking girl behind the counter had the task of figuring out how to write my name phonetically in Japanese since I had no idea what she was talking about. The same girl tried to sell me more texting minutes. She really couln't fathom when I explained "seriously, the only person I know is my husband". Bless her sweet heart for giving us this good laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny!

Darci