Sunday, September 12, 2010

School Jitters

Roo is all jitters tonight. Tomorrow is his first day at his new school in America, and I'm certain the butterflies are having a fiesta in his tummy tonight. His anxiety is apparent and luckily he's expressing his concerns; "What if they make you write so much your hand gets tired?", "I'm scared of the big gym." , "What if you don't want to do something?", "Why are the teachers called Mrs. or Ms.?". As a parent it's tough to find the right soothing words because, truth be known, I'm a little nervous for him! The first day of school for every child every where likely carries some added emotion, and my childhood was no different. I try to remind him that he's a nice boy and the kids will be happy to meet him, and I explain that he'll meet some nice friends, and that mommy gets to go with him into the school and that we can talk with his teachers about anything of which he is concerned. Luckily he's sound asleep, and hopefully a good nights rest and a good breakfast will prepare him for his morning adventure ahead!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good luck, all! I had first day jitters last week when Jack went to Lyndale School for his speech class. I know that Roo will do fine and so will Mom and Dad. We'll be interested in his experience. Hope you guys are settling in.