Monday, May 17, 2010

Mosquitoes

Roo is quite the chatter box. I must admit, I don’t always catch all he says in his continuous and rapid topic changing rambles. I try, but can’t always follow along. Yesterday, he caught my attention when he started talking about mosquitoes. As he explained, “when a mosquito bites you, they go to the bathroom on your skin and when you scratch, you’re really scratching their wee wee.” My reply, “really?” I looked it up, and sure enough, I learned that mosquitoes must rapidly urinate while they are feeding on your blood in order to fly away and avoid fluid and salt overloads. I’m reminded of Dr. Hinohara’s message (click to see older post) to allow small children the opportunity to teach. They learn not only by receiving, but by talking and teaching others. As I’m learning, a child can be quite good at sharing information.

1 comment:

mama J said...

ok, this is just way too disturbing first thing in the morning - or perhaps anytime!!