Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Little Shopkeepers

This week Roo’s class is playing shopkeeper where they take turns selling baked goods to their classmates and teachers during snack period. The Moms are taking turns supplying the treat, and today was my day. I got to stand by as Roo and three other boys sold the snacks. They answered questions from their friends (how much is it?), received pretend money, and gave change from the cash register. When we got home Roo commented “we should turn our apartment into a shop”. When I asked him what would we do with his toys, he of course replied that we’d keep them all. I explained that he wouldn’t have time to play because he’d be working in the shop. Hmmm (Roo thinking) …. “No, I’d still have time to play and watch movies.” End of shop discussion. Tonight as he was going to sleep he did say “running the shop” was the best part of his day.

No comments: